Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Protocast: Racer by Roklan Software

Welcome to the first Atari 2600 Game by Game Protocast. This series will focus on prototypes that do not have a part number. This episode features Racer, which was made by Roklan Software for Atari, but it never came out and is not in the part list. I've been wanting to start this for a while, but this episode is due to the fact that I was having trouble getting to the SCSIside research, so that episode will have to wait. Also, I picked this game and started research, but I had trouble getting the game on my Flashback portable. Later I found out that the rom from Atarimania will not work. But I started the research and I wanted to get something out this week, so here it is. My idea was to insert these episodes in between the main episodes; I normally don't get much (if any) feedback on prototypes (especially if you can't play them, I guess), so it wouldn't take long to put the episodes together. Like always, if you have thoughts on these prototypes, I will be happy to read or play it on a subsequent episode. Thank you for listening and for your understanding.

Racer on DP Rarity Guide
Racer overview on Atari Protos
Racer photos and screen shots on Atari Protos
Scott Stilphen's Racer video
Original AA Racer thread
AA Racer artwork contest thread
AA Racer production bids thread
AA Reserve Sale thread
AA 2nd Racer prototype found thread
Roklan Software on GDRI
Antic Podcast - Ronald Borta interview by Kevin Savetz

No comments:

Post a Comment